Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

My Barefoot Book of the Month :June

As regular readers know, I am an ambassador for Barefoot Books . Barefoot have lots of amazing books for children and I will be highlighting one as book of the month, that I think you and your little ones would love. For June, I have chosen a book for our independent readers: Orpheus and Eurydice. This book is one of 3 new additions to our popular Greek series and is a story about love in the midst of despair; something we can all use a bit of at the moment


When Orpheus' bride Eurydice is killed by a snakebite on their wedding day, Orpheus's world is shattered. The young widower must journey to the underworld to negotiate with Hades himself to win his bride back. Can he triumph over the dark power of the underworld ?

This book is for children aged 8+ but I am sure mums and dads will love this too!

To step inside the book, take a look at our interview with illustrator Carole Henaff

Like the look of this ? Take a further look at Barefoot Books and get 20% off your first order using the code TWENTY13 at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment