Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

February Book of the month

As regular readers know, I am an ambassador for Barefoot Books . Barefoot have lots of amazing books for children and I will be highlighting one as book of the month, that I think you and your little ones would love. I always like to tie my book of the month in with any events that are coming up so I was spoilt for choice this month with it being Chinese New Year, Valentines and Pancake day. To be honest, once I thought of pancakes there was no going back in choosing ' Mama Panya's Pancakes '. The book, aimed at ages 4-10,  gives the reader a glimpse into a Kenyan village with the story of Mama Panya and Adika's market day and learn the important lesson about community and the rewards of sharing. As well as a beautiful story, the book has a helpful map, facts about Kenya and an introduction to Kiswahili greetings. If that wasn't enough, it also has an easy pancake recipe for you to help your little ones enjoy Shrove Tuesday. The images in the book are wonderful, with lots of focus on family ( including baby-wearing, which is lovely to see) and friendship to highlight the wonderful warmth Kenya has to offer. After spending time volunteering in Kenya, I left a bit of my heart there so have a huge soft spot for any books that take me back there. It really is a gorgeous book.




.Like the look of this ? Take a further look at Barefoot Books and get 20% off your first order using the code TWENTY13 at checkout, including all our weekly dazzling deals and sale items.

For every copy of this book sold this month, I will donate £1 to Book Aid International, a wonderful charity that spreads the love of books and literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment